Senior Salesforce Developer – Toronto
Shift is one of Canada’s leading cloud computing consulting firms specializing in Salesforce. Our headquarters are in Toronto, with a regional presence in Vancouver and New York City. Our expert team of Salesforce Consultants and Force.com Developers is one of the fastest growing and largest teams of certified Salesforce professionals in Canada providing professional implementation, integration and training services to salesforce.com’s customers.
Shift offers a fun, rewarding, and fast-paced environment where innovative ideas are encouraged. At Shift, you will be part of a talented and dedicated team with deep expertise in deploying Salesforce CRM and custom Force.com solutions across small to enterprise businesses in a number of vertical markets including Media, High Tech, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Professional Services. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunity for continuous growth and skills development, and flexible work arrangements.
As a Sr. Salesforce Developer at Shift, you will solution, scope and design the optimal solution to meet the needs of the clients with a focus on usability, security, scalability and cost.
This position for employment will be based out of Shift’s Toronto office at 404/Steeles with general office hours from 9:00am-5:30pm, with some flexibility and travel required.
In this role you will focus on:
Develop solution scoping and design of a Project (Statement of Work/Requirement Gathering Document): 15%
- Meet with the Shift team and client to discussing client needs
- Gather key requirements for the project
- Identify an initial design for the project
- Support in the development of the Statement of Work and Estimate for the client
- Develop the Requirements Gathering Document and/or Technical Specification Document
- Provide the Requirements Gathering Document and/or Technical Specification Document to the Developer for review and discussion
Collaborate with Sales Organization to Create Estimates for Projects: 10%
- Meet with the Sales Team to discuss the key requirements, estimate assumptions, document exclusions
- Populate or review estimates to ensure accuracy and assumptions/exclusions are captured from a development perspective
- Review and add key information into client‘s proposals to ensure accuracy and desired deliverable from a development perspective
Build applications of complex projects based on general design overview: 25%
- Follow Shift Code Standard, Naming Convention and Best Practices
- Write the code based on the design
- Develop user interface, back end custom logic, integration with third party systems, web services, data transformation and migrations as required
- Conduct Salesforce configuration
- Provide the design for review to the Solutions Architect on the project
- Make any modification to the design based on the feedback from the Solutions Architect
- Identify designs that could be productized
Complete Software Testing based on the development: 10%
- Follow Shift testing / QA Standards, which include but not restricted to regression testing, black box, white box testing
- Test the code and make modifications based on the test results
- Test user experience, user flow, data consistency and capability with new and existing code
- Fix bugs that are identified in the testing process
- Modify the build based on the QA log from the Consultant
- Conduct a full Software Testing process on the update including regression testing
Project Lead on Projects in the collaboration with the Project Manager: 10%
- Support in the development and management of the project plans
- Coordinate resourcing, budget, key deliverable and ensure quality standards are met
- Manage key milestone delivery and scope of the project
- Communicate with clients on project status, deliverables, client information and other project requirements
- Manage project resources to meet the needs and deadlines of the project
- Escalation point for customer issues
- Approve hours logged against a project on a weekly basis
- Maintain and enrich relationships with existing client portfolio including actively identifying and nurturing new opportunities.
Oversee the development cycle and QA of the code for Junior Developers: 20%
- Conduct on going meetings to review the design and progress toward design identified
- Oversee the developers to ensure they are following best practices in the development process
- Providing on going feedback and mentorship about their work
- Conduct code review and provide feedback to the Developers
- Support the Developers on complex code issues and design gaps
- Manage UAT sessions
Coach and Mentor Development Team Members in collaboration with the Director of Development: 5%
- Coach and mentor team members on projects, requirements, solutions, best practices technical and soft skills, client issues and challenges in their role in collaboration
- Conduct meeting to support team members in their roles
- Support team members to set job priorities and track progress throughout the year
- Oversee the individual career and job development for team members
- Identify and improve continuous improvement opportunities within the team and team members
- Support in the development of a high performance team
Oversee the implementation of best practices in the Development Team, in collaboration with the Director of Development and the Salesforce Architect: 5%
- Identify best practices in areas of coding, naming conversion and other key areas
- Implement best practices within the team
In order to qualify you must have the following essential skills and experiences:
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Development cycle
- Familiar with Cloud platforms
- Familiar with Web technology such as XTML, mobile technology
- UI/UX experience
- Business Understanding
- Coaching and Mentorship
- Decision Making
- Organizational Awareness
- Process Management
- Team building
This job may require additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by Shift.
To apply for the position of Senior Salesforce Developer at Shift, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the position listed in the subject line.
Please note that in order to work at Shift CRM’s Toronto office, you must be eligible to work in Canada, according to the regulations of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
No telephone or email inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Shift welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.