Sales Reps now have the power to adjust their own forecasts without changing the underlying opportunity value. And sales managers can save time by adjusting the rolled up forecast number instead of each individual forecast number for every rep.
Bear in mind that the adjustment amount just adds a layer of detail, which can be changed or removed later. It doesn’t change the underlying gross roll-up of opportunities.
Administrators may enable owner adjustments independently of manager adjustments. Note: Before enabling owner adjustments, make sure you’ve set up your forecast hierarchy.
- From Setup, click Customize > Forecasts > Settings.
- To allow all forecast users to adjust their own forecast amounts, under Enable Forecast Adjustments, select Enable Owner Adjustments. Note that the previously existing checkbox, Enable Adjustments, has been renamed to Enable Manager Adjustments.
- Click Save.
- From Setup, click Manage Users > Profiles.
- Find a profile for which you want adjustments enabled.
- If you’re using the enhanced profile user interface, click App Permissions and click Edit.
- Select Override Forecasts and click Save.
This functionality increases the flexibility of sales forecasts by allowing users to adjust forecast rollup amounts. Any changes a user may anticipate can be adjusted in both quantity and revenue rolls-ups. As an example, managers can adjust subordinates’ forecasts to account for sales reps who consistently under or overestimate their opportunities’ amounts. Similarly, if a sales rep anticipates that his/her commit forecast amount will come in higher, but isn’t sure which opportunities will provide the additional revenue, he/she can adjust his/her own commit forecast amount.