Technical Salesforce Architect – Toronto
Technical Salesforce Architect – Toronto
Shift is one of Canada’s leading cloud computing consulting firms specializing in Salesforce. Our headquarters are in Toronto, with a regional presence in Vancouver and New York City. Our expert team of Salesforce Consultants and Force.com Developers is one of the fastest growing and largest teams of certified Salesforce professionals in Canada providing professional implementation, integration and training services to salesforce.com’s customers.
Shift offers a fun, rewarding, and fast-paced environment where innovative ideas are encouraged. At Shift, you will be part of a talented and dedicated team with deep expertise in deploying Salesforce CRM and custom Force.com solutions across small to enterprise businesses in a number of vertical markets including Media, High Tech, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Professional Services. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunity for continuous growth and skills development, and flexible work arrangements.
As a Technical Salesforce Architect at Shift, you will play an integral role in solution scoping and designing the optimal solution to meet the needs of the clients with a focus on usability, security, scalability and cost.
This position for employment will be based out of Shift’s Toronto office at 404/Steeles with general office hours from 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., with some flexibility and travel required.
In this role you will focus on:
Overseeing the development cycle and QA of the code:
- Conduct ongoing meetings to review the design and progress toward design identified
- Oversee the developers to ensure they are following best practices in the development process
- Providing ongoing feedback and mentorship about their work
- Conduct code review and provide feedback to the Developers
- Support the Developers on complex code issues and design gaps
- Manage UAT sessions
Developing solution scoping and design of a Project (Statement of Work/Requirement Gathering Document):
- Meet with the Shift team and client to discuss client needs
- Gather key requirements for the project
- Identify an initial design for the project
- Support in the development of the Statement of Work and Estimate for the client
- Develop the Requirements Gathering Document and/or Technical Specification Document
- Provide the Requirements Gathering Document and/or Technical Specification Document to the Developer for review and discussion
Providing support to client issues or requests:
- Interact with client to understand the issue
- Work with Developer to identify the problem and why it is occurring
- Based on problem analysis, determine what is required to resolve the problem
- Support in code development if required
- If issues is out of scope of the project an estimate will be provided to the Sales Team to discuss with the client
Project Lead on Complex Shift Projects in the collaboration with the Technical Manager:
- Support in the development and management of the project plans
- Coordinate resourcing, budget, key deliverable and ensure quality standards are met
- Manage key milestone delivery and scope of the project
- Communicate with clients on project status, deliverables, client information and other project requirements
- Manage project resources to meet the needs and deadlines of the project
- Escalation point for customer issues
- Approve hours logged against a project on a weekly basis
- Maintain and enrich relationships with existing client portfolio including actively identifying and nurturing new opportunities.
Collaborating with the Sales Organization to Create Estimates for Projects:
- Meet with the Sales Team to discuss the key requirements, estimate assumptions, document exclusions
- Populate or review estimates to ensure accuracy and assumptions/exclusions are captured from a development perspective
- Review and add key information into client‘s proposals to ensure accuracy and desired deliverable from a development perspective
Coaching and Mentoring the Development Team Members in collaboration with the Technical Manager:
- Coach and mentor team members on projects, requirements, solutions, best practices technical and soft skills, client issues and challenges in their role in collaboration
- Conduct meeting to support team members in their roles
- Support team members to set job priorities and track progress throughout the year
- Oversee the individual career and job development for team members
- Identify and improve continuous improvement opportunities within the team and team members
- Support in the development of a high performance team
Overseeing HR Needs of the Development Team in collaboration with the Technical Manager:
- Support in the hiring of developers and monitor new hire orientation procedures
- Support in the evaluation of the performance and productivity of team members
- Support in the Performance Development process of team members
- Support in the facilitation of conflict management situations
Overseeing the implementation of best practices in the Development Team, in collaboration with the Technical Manager:
- Identify best practices in areas of coding, naming conversion and other key areas
- Implement best practices within the team
Providing support in Product Development:
- Support in the establishment of practices and business processes between Product Development and the Development Team
- Involved in the development of architecture for Product Development
In order to qualify you must have the following essential skills and experiences:
- University Degree (Computer Science), Post-Grad an asset
- Salesforce.com Certifications
- 8-10 years of experience in a similar role
- Media industry experience (Digital Advertising, Print, Etc.)
- Previous experience in a Consulting environment
- Product development and Project management experience
- Experience with CRM solutions
- Familiar with cloud platforms
- 2-5 years of previous Salesforce work/knowledge
- Impeccable time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Possesses a high level of business acumen and knowledge
- Is self-motivated and enjoys working in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as facilitation skills
- Professional telephone and in-person manner
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be flexible to last minute changes/directions in a fast paced environment
This job may require additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by Shift.
To apply for the position of Technical Architect at Shift, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position listed in the subject line.
Please note that in order to work at Shift CRM’s Toronto office, you must be eligible to work in Canada, according to the regulations of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
No telephone or email inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Shift welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.