Financial Planning Analyst – Toronto – 12 Month Contract
Start Date: August 2018 – September 2019
Shift is one of Canada’s largest cloud computing consulting firms specializing in Salesforce. We are headquartered in Toronto with a regional presence in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and New York City. Our expert team of Salesforce Consultants and Force.com Developers is one of the fastest growing and seasoned team of certified Salesforce professionals in Canada providing professional implementation, integration and training services to salesforce.com’s customers.
Shift offers a fun, rewarding, and fast-paced environment where innovative ideas are encouraged. At Shift, you will be part of a talented and dedicated team with deep expertise in deploying Salesforce CRM and custom Force.com solutions across small to enterprise businesses in a number of vertical markets including Media, High Tech, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Professional Services. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunity for continuous growth and skills development, and flexible work arrangements including unlimited vacation time.
As a Financial Planning Analyst, you will be responsible for all day-to-day administrative functions of Shift’s Finance department as well as helping the company Controller to manage and report on the company’s Operational Budget. You will also be expected to perform ongoing analysis of individual and departmental performance across the organization in order to foster metric-driven decision making.
This position is a one-year (12 month) maternity leave contract and will be based out of Shift’s Toronto office at 404/Steeles with general office hours from 9:00am-5:30pm, with some flexibility in this schedule. We are targeting a start date in August 2018 with contract completion by September 2019.
In this role you will focus on:
Manage Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Create and issue invoices to clients
- Keep the system up to date with all transactions around Accounts Receivables
- Prepare bank deposits
- Follow up on outstanding invoices in order to minimize time to collect
- Identify overdue/problem accounts, inform the internal staff, follow up with clients and leverage the internal account owners to take measured action
- Manage and monitor company cash flow through the accounts payable function
- Ensure budgets and approvals are being properly followed for accounts payable
- Help to continually define better processes for the company’s A/R and A/P efforts
Monthly Account Validation & Reconciliation
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements with QuickBooks and expense reports
- Reconcile QuickBooks Data with Salesforce
- Verify Invoicing with Salesforce Opportunities on a Monthly Basis, create add-ons when necessary
Government remittances & Provide support on year end
- Prepare and Submit HST payments quarterly
- Submit EHT when required
- Review T4
- Work with the external Accountant in order to complete year end filings
- Support any other government or tax related filings or submissions
- Helping to manage administrative tasks with items such as software licenses, subscriptions, office purchasing and other monthly expenses with a view to minimizing costs
Manage Company Payroll
- Calculate and input salary, commissions, bonuses, vacation pay and expense reimbursements amounts for each payroll period and ensure that the information is accurate
- Keep track of quotas, performance objectives and targets that will result in incremental pay for an employee
- Follow up with HR and respective managers for current of future status changes for employee’s such as bonuses, raises, hiring or firing
- Keep accurate records as necessary and provide paystubs to each employee, LTD stubs for benefits and ROEs for employees that transition from Shift
Manage Budgeting & Expense Reporting
- Approve/Reject Employee expense reports based on documented criteria
- Enforce policy on expense reports and oversee the accuracy of employee expense submissions
- Ensure the delivery team keeps track of client expenses and travel hours, and develop proper documentation to send these expenses to the client
- Ensure all expenses from all stakeholders are posted into Quickbooks in a timely manner
- Compare actual expense amounts to budgeted amounts and raise consideration to the finance department when there are concerns or deviations from budget
- Generate a Company Monthly Budget vs Actuals to be provided to key stakeholders
- Generate Departmental Budget vs. Actuals Expense Reports to be provided to the relevant departmental heads on a Monthly basis
- Generate Quarterly Statements for key stakeholders that include: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, 3 month projected cash flow, key ratio analysis
- Look into the efficiency of the company operations including reports on company utilization and other billing related metrics
- Manage and report on allocated buckets of hours that employee groups are provided on a monthly basis using salesforce
- Help to develop and define key processes and policy for all things Finance related
- Conduct research on key areas of interest for Shift such as gathering information on competitor pricing and revenue models
- Develop new methods of tracking financial performance for Shift to gain a better understanding of where attention should be focused
- Evaluate the financial impacts of different structural behavior, including: fixed bid projects, full-time resourcing, tiered price resources and external contractors
- Financial projections on theoretical new opportunities, including: geographical expansion to U.S., Rate Changes and a Product Division
In order to qualify you must have the following essential skills and experiences:
Advanced knowledge of Quickbooks
Understanding of accounting concepts and standards
Understanding government remittances
Advanced knowledge in Excel
2-4 years of related experience
Professional and confident team player with a focus on customer service
Experience working with the Salesforce platform an extreme asset
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Can handle working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
Loves to have fun
Shift Competencies required for role (see competency dictionary):
- Business Understanding
- Decision Making
- Organizational Awareness
- Process Management
What Shift can offer you:
- Extremely competitive base salary
- Bonus plan based on both personal and company goals
- Fully paid health and dental package
- Flexible/Unlimited vacation and sick time policy
- A great company culture with various programs including: tuition reimbursement, subsidized certifications, employee referral bonuses, employee recognition program, mentorship program, and complimentary yoga classes.
This job may require additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by Shift.
Please email resume to: email@example.com stating availability and salary range preference.
Please note that in order to work at Shift CRM’s Toronto office, you must be eligible to work in Canada, according to the regulations of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
No telephone or email inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Shift welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.