Business Development Rep ( BDR)
Shift is one of Canada’s largest cloud computing consulting firms specializing in Salesforce. We are headquartered in Toronto with resources distributed across Canada. Our expert team of Salesforce Consultants and Force.com Developers is one of the fastest growing and seasoned team of certified Salesforce professionals in Canada providing professional implementation, integration and training services to salesforce.com’s customers.
Shift offers a fun, rewarding, and fast-paced environment where innovative ideas are encouraged. At Shift, you will be part of a talented and dedicated team with deep expertise in deploying Salesforce CRM and custom Force.com solutions across small to enterprise businesses in a number of vertical markets including Media, High Tech, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Professional Services. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunity for continuous growth and skills development, and flexible work arrangements including unlimited vacation time.
We are currently searching for a results-driven individual who is keen on building a career in SaaS sales and partnering with the world’s most innovative platform Salesforce.com!. Your ticket in is through Business Development. Your sales career at Shift starts on our Business Development team as the first touch point for all our outbound leads. In this role you will develop your product and services knowledge and hone your prospecting and opportunity generation skills. We are looking for someone who is driven with sound business insight, has a strong technical aptitude and has a passion for building relationships.
This position for employment will be based out of Shift’s Toronto office at 404/Steeles with general office hours from 9:00am-5:30pm, with some flexibility.
Responsibilities And Deliverables:
- You will have the opportunity to strategize how you generate new business opportunities to fuel Shift’s growth
- You will work to build relationships and earn the trust of prospects and team members
- You will conduct warm and cold prospecting primarily through phone and email to qualify using the BANT Methodology
- Devise and implement creative outbound strategies to initiative conversations with VPs and C-Level prospects
- You will utilize a variety of methods and resources to generate new leads
- You will actively build your knowledge of Shift’s services and portfolio – evangelizing Shift
- Work in collaboration with our Sales team to continually look for ways that we can drive revenue
- Track and report all prospecting and sales activities in Salesforce and our Marketing Automation tools
- Report business intelligence and market trends to help build out messaging for targeted audiences
Reports to the VP, Sales
- You know how to make connections and earn the trust of prospects, vendors, employees and executives
- You are curious and have a passion for driving a career in sales
- Ability to deliver high call volumes in pursuit of pipeline development goals
- Ability to think strategically in developing accounts for long-term value, not just setting meetings or qualifying a lead
- You are able to work independently to achieve results including taking ownership of deliverables and being accountable for the results
- You are a collaborator and understand its value in driving team success
- Degree or Diploma in a related field preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience with SAAS a plus
- 1 year of experience in a customer-facing role (preferably inside sales/business development)
- 1 year of prospecting experience, an asset
What Shift can offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Competitive commission plan
- Fully paid personal health and dental package
- Flexible/Unlimited vacation and sick time policy
- A great company culture with various programs including: tuition reimbursement, subsidized certifications, employee referral bonuses, employee recognition program, mentorship program, and complimentary yoga classes.
This job may require additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by Shift.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating availability and salary range preference.
Please note that in order to work at Shift CRM’s Toronto office, you must be eligible to work in Canada, according to the regulations of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
No telephone or email inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Shift welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.