Account Executive – Toronto
Account Executive – Toronto
Shift is one of Canada’s leading cloud computing consulting firms specializing in Salesforce. Our headquarters are in Toronto, with a regional presence in Vancouver and New York City. Our expert team of Salesforce Consultants and Force.com Developers is one of the fastest growing and largest teams of certified Salesforce professionals in Canada providing professional implementation, integration and training services to salesforce.com’s customers.
Shift offers a fun, rewarding, and fast-paced environment where innovative ideas are encouraged. At Shift, you will be part of a talented and dedicated team with deep expertise in deploying Salesforce CRM and custom Force.com solutions across small to enterprise businesses in a number of vertical markets including Media, High Tech, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Professional Services. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunity for continuous growth and skills development, and flexible work arrangements.
As an Account Executive at Shift, you will play an integral role in acquiring new business and partnering with the internal team to ensure our client’s needs are met and exceeded.
This position for employment will be based out of Shift’s Toronto office at 404/Steeles with general office hours from 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., with some flexibility and travel required.
In this role you will focus on:
Lead Acquisition (25%)
- Salesforce.com Account Executive Relationship Building
- Event & Trade Shows
- Cold Prospecting & Hunting
New Business Opportunity Management (30%)
- Qualifying Leads
- Discovery: Understanding the customers requirements from a Platform/solution perspective
- Working with the consulting team to define solutions and roadmap
- Estimates & Proposals
- Creating baseline estimates based on business requirements to be reviewed and vetted
- Generating and Sending SOW and MSA to clients
- Working with legal and operations on T&Cs.
- The account executive is expected to negotiate terms with clients in accordance with our standard operations procedures as outlined in the “Shift Sales Guide”
Account Management (30%)
- Conducting account reviews with current customers to understand needs.
- Working with the consulting team to identify new opportunities
- Farming existing accounts and growing our organizational footprint
- Setting vision and defining roadmap with customers in order to increase wallet share.
- Staying in touch during the project lifecycle to ensure that they are constantly seen at the quarterback for account related items at Shift.
- Expectation is that AEs consistently complete check in calls with the clients to ensure the project is on track.
- Collections Escalations
- Add on business opportunity cycle
- Sale of Support Retainers
Other tasks as assigned (15%)
- Ensuring Salesforce.com is kept up to date with all revelant information.
- Shift CRM and Sales
- Team and company meetings
In order to qualify you must have the following essential skills and experiences:
- University Degree (Ideally Business), Salesforce.com Certifications
- Media industry experience (Digital Advertising, Print, Etc.)
- 2-5 years of previous Salesforce work/knowledge
- Impeccable time management skills
- Strong networking and rapport building skills
- Detail oriented
- Possesses a high level of business acumen and knowledge
- Is self-motivated and enjoys working in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as facilitation skills
- Professional telephone and in-person manner
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be flexible to last minute changes/directions in a fast paced environment
- General IT competency, proficient in MS Applications and Excel
- Highly-developed typing and computer skills, including Microsoft Applications and the Internet/Web-based applications (eg. Google Docs Suite)
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time
This job may require additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by Shift.
To apply for the position of Account Executive at Shift, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position listed in the subject line.
Please note that in order to work at Shift CRM’s Toronto office, you must be eligible to work in Canada, according to the regulations of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
No telephone or email inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Shift welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.